Friday, October 19, 2007

Time Flies when...

...you are crazy busy.

It always seems that when I have the most obligations, I also do the most "escaping". I think I have been using knitting as an escape, because I seem to have done a bit of it lately. Perhaps it is also the chill in the air that makes knitting so appealing right now.

I finished two socks for the two year old.
Budlet Socks
His birthday was on Wednesday, but our family party is tomorrow. He has grown up so much lately - he astounds me every day with how much he knows and can do. He was pretty psyched to have matching socks with mom. I used the leftovers from my camouflage socks. He thought it was fun to put our feet together and wiggle our toes.
They were my first attempt at making toe up socks. I liked making the toe and being able to use all the yarn down to the last inches, but I am not a fan of the short row heel. I know that there are other heels for toe-up, but I think I will stick with my cuff down socks for now.

I also finally made myself one of the Purl Berets.
Java Beret
I have admired Nuttnbunny's for awhile... and it is getting cooler. It is such a fun and easy pattern, and the result is a wonderfully wearable beret. I can understand why she has made many. I've already had the chance to wear it a number of times this week with the cool wet weather.
I used the yarn I dyed with coffee, and I think I may have enough yarn left to make some matching mitts.

On the getting colder, needing hats topic... I started a new hat for the Bud. Along with getting older, his head has gotten bigger too - the hat I made for him last winter is the only one that fits, and just barely. I am trying the Ganomy hat pattern from EZ's Knitter's Almanac. With the increases and decreases it reminds me of the Sweet Baby Cap pattern (of which I am so fond - I will soon cast on for #4).
Budlet's Ganomy
I am using Lana Grossa Cool Wool - it feels so nice and soft, I think it will be perfect for a toddler head. I hope it wears well too.

I also finally finished my Road Trip socks that I started for the trip down to AZ with Sara.
Blue-toe Koigu socks
Since I used US 0s and didn't really try to shorten the cuff, I ran out of yarn and had to use a different color for the toes. I think they turned out nicely, and the fit is the best I have made for myself. They had a test drive this week and drove beautifully.

It seems that my stash of yarn has multiplied this week too.
I got my first "Booty" from the yarn pirate:
Yarn Pirate Booty
Yarn Pirate - Killer Bees
I signed up for the "Booty Club" so that I would get some fun packages while Davin was in the Windy City. I am very excited about this yarn because I really like the colors, but it is not something I would have picked out on my own.

I also filled up my punch card at my LYS and was able to pick out a freebie for myself: Dream in Color - Smooshy "Happy Forest".
Happy Forest
Lana Grossa Meilenweit Cotton
This Meilenweit Cotton just jumped in my bag too. I'm sure that that is the goal... come in for the freebie and leave with more, but oh well.

Still to come:
A post on tomorrow's festivities :)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

I love all the socks!!! and at least you tried toe ups :) now you know what you're missing (one of these days that'll come back to bite me and I'll have to try socks on circs lol)

and the dream in color smooshy - I'm jealous. In fact, I may be about the same shade of green as your yarn! :) do tell how wonderful it is after you knit with it ok?

October 19, 2007 4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home