Sunday, August 26, 2007

Last Hurrah

I couldn't help it, I cast on for this during nap time today on my last official day of summer.
Marigold Socks
Marigold Socks by Pamela Wynne

I am using my latest dye job - this photo is a better representation of the color. I think it will be a nice fit with the pattern. This is my first attempt at anything lacy. I have heard a lace sock defined as having more than one intentional hole, so this counts as lace, right?

I changed the pattern to top down instead of toe up, and will probably do a heel flap rather than a short row heel, but the spirit of it is the same.

It's almost 8:00 on the eve of summer's end, and I am still in denial... the Bud's in bed and I think I will knit for a bit. :)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Shelly Kang said...

Pretty Pretty!

August 26, 2007 9:39 PM  
Blogger SwissKnits! said...

Good News: Love the sock!

Bad News: Sorry your summer has come to an end. :(

Good News: Fall and Winter knitting is THE BEST! so you have something to look forward to right? Snowbound days with hot beverage and cookies in the oven, soup on the stove and knitting in your favorite chair...
those are my favorite times... :)

August 27, 2007 7:57 AM  
Blogger Debra said...

Nice dye work! Have you been doing this for a long time? What base yarn have you been using?

Interesting how different colors can change the look/feel of a pattern. Here the garter ridge feels less pronounced, and the lace is more pronounced. (Perhaps it's just your photography, too.)

August 27, 2007 12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home