Friday, August 24, 2007

Like Sands Through the Hour Glass...

22 Months
I am in major avoidance/denial mode. I am down to only hours of summer left. If I seem like I have dropped off the face of the electronic earth, that's why.

There has been quite a bit happening despite my attempts to stop time.

We hosted a rainy day BB-Q that Shelly mentioned on her blog.

The Bud and I went on a Sippers trip to K's cabin in Wisconsin.
It was a drizzly and gray, but we had a good time anyhow.
Sippers at the Cabin
The Bud took his first boat ride on a paddle boat.
Sippers at the Cabin
He seemed paralyzed during the ride (perhaps because we told him he had to be still on the boat). But after he was back on dry land he kept talking about the "boat" and "water", so I think he had a good time.
We didn't take the speed boat out (the water was too low), but the Bud did enjoy pretending to drive it.
Bud in a Boat
(There are more "Sippers at the Cabin" photos on my flickr page.)


I also dyed another skein of yarn. I have had a tough time getting the colors right on my photos - they all turned out a little electric looking.
Red/Copper yarn
I played with this photo a bit, and it's closer to actual now. I layered reds with copper colors for a semi-solid look. I am thinking Marigold, but I am still trying to finish the Road Trip socks first. They are at about 70% right now.


Movie Night Update:
We the chose the date for "Movie Night" a while ago, but never officially announced it...
The 7th annual Back Yard, Big Screen Movie Night is on Saturday, September 29th.
If you have not been to one of the previous shindigs, we set up a 10X15 foot screen in our back yard for a double feature. Last year was rainy and ended up in the garage... we have booked better weather this year. Movie Night is constantly evolving, and this year the first feature will be a family friendly movie, so bring the kids.
Movies start at dusk, but arrive early for good conversation and a chance to stake out some seats. I'm sure Davin will be giving tours of the new deck progress as well.
The invite is open to anyone you would like to bring along, please let me know if you need directions.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

Movie night sounds like fun!! If I weren't half a country away I'd come... :)

August 24, 2007 4:23 PM  
Blogger magnusmog said...

Oh, I'd like to have been there too!

September 01, 2007 5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home