Friday, July 20, 2007

I'm addicted

Sweet Baby Cap #1 Sweet Baby Cap #2

I'm officially addicted to the Sweet Baby Cap by Gro.
It's so cute and pointy.
I have been wanting to make this pattern for a little while. But I wanted to do it on 2 circular needles and I didn't have them in the right size. Also if I was going to buy needles, I wanted to get good ones (addi Turbos), and I needed time to justify the purchase. I finally sucked it up and plunked down the cash for 2 addi Turbo US 1 circs. I got one regular and one lace because they are different colors, and it worked well for me. I made the first one, and it turned out a little small since I used US 1 needles for the whole hat instead of changing to US 2 for after the edge. It would be a fine newborn size for a winter baby.

So for the second one, I sucked it up again and bought two US 2 sized addi Turbo circs, and changed needle sizes according to the pattern.

I think I may be a 2-circ convert - I didn't have the problems I have had on my socks with DPNs with hiding my needle breaks. I had taken to spiraling my needle breaks around with DPNs, which worked, but was a little annoying.

Sweet Baby Cap #1 Sweet Baby Cap #2
One change I made to the pattern was the ties - I like the look of the ties as described for this hat.
I think the twisty ties look pretty with the koigu - like long, skinny skeins.

After I finished the second hat, I wanted to immediately cast on for a third - they are addicting. But I restrained myself and put my new circs on my camo socks instead. They are both in the toe decreases now and should be off the needles soon.


Happy Harry Potter to everyone tonight at midnight.!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Shelly Kang said...

Super cute!

July 20, 2007 11:41 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Did you know that my best friend is pregnant and I'm so not happy with the little cap I made for him already? I love this hat! it's so cute... and pointy. I'll have to add "cute yarn to make a pointy boy hat" to the LYS list for tomorrow! :)

July 20, 2007 4:45 PM  
Blogger magnusmog said...

The hats are great!

July 22, 2007 11:17 AM  
Blogger crafty_kat said...

very cute! May have to make one for my newborn niece

July 23, 2007 5:29 PM  
Blogger SwissKnits! said...

Love the hats! The colors are great! You know, I think that in a larger size they'd be knida cool for the tweens that snowboard ect...
The ties are cute!

July 24, 2007 7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home