Saturday, July 14, 2007

Natural Smile?

Netflix now has a "watch now" feature. You can stream all kinds of things up to a certain number of hours each month. It doesn't work for Macs (my computer), but Davin has a PC, so he was watching The Human Face with John Cleese. It's an informational series about, you guessed it, the human face. I only saw bits, but what I did see was very interesting.
Part of it was about a study involving yearbook photos. Apparently if you have a natural smile in your yearbook photo, it is an indicator of happiness later in life.
So of course I grabbed the nearest yearbook I could find...

...first I said "whew" and then "wow, was I cool!"


I think I have CADD (crafty attention deficit disorder) lately because I have started yet another project. I won't reveal it now, I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, but here is a close up teaser. (If you are super curious, you can click on the photo and see another shot in flickr)
Baby Wrap


Lastly I will introduce you to my son, Sir Elton John.
My son, Elton John
This is his second pair of sunglasses. His first pair was used in an experiment to see how far the bows would bend open.
Sadly, they did not survive.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

I, too, have a mac and it really annoys me when major companies don't "include" us in their offerings.

You're son, "Elton" is adorable in those glasses!

July 15, 2007 5:10 AM  
Blogger Orinda5 said...

I know... my public library system has all of these great audio book downloads - but they won't work for Macs or iPods. Grrr.

July 15, 2007 10:06 AM  
Blogger SwissKnits! said...

Another Mac user here... it is aggravating... methinks they jealous... Teee Heee Heeee

Laura, you asked about what heel I will be putting on the Juicy Melon sock... the only one that I have learned so far.. the reinforced heel... I'm hoping that by the end of July they will be finished. I got sidetracked with DD4 new CTH sock... ohhhh the pretty colors...

Once the kids go back to school... I will be diving into my books and learning a few more heels. I just cannot concentrate with the constant interruptions. OY

Radley is very cute!!

July 16, 2007 6:22 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

I think swissknits! is right! They ARE jealous that we have better computers :)

July 16, 2007 4:48 PM  
Blogger crafty_kat said...

You look a little like a friend of mine, she's got a very similar smile to yours ^_^. And she's one heck of a knitter, too ^_~.

Hmm, too bad I don't have such pictures to look back on, though I doubt very much I'd fall under the "natural smiles" lol

Oh, and I would challenge you to find a knitter (or crafter, in general) who isn't CADD ^_~

July 17, 2007 9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home