Saturday, August 11, 2007

*sigh* It's August

I haven't been intentionally hiding away from blogland this week. I think it is the fact that it is August and my days of freedom are numbered.
I actually have to work a few days this coming week. Argh.
Summer is slipping away. The school supplies have been out in stores since early July, but now it's starting to feel real. *sigh*

I forgot to mention an exciting part of my trip to Tucson...
our score for the license plate game:
39 states
plus 3 from Canada and 2 from Mexico
and the best part... we saw both Hawaii and Alaska! I don't think I have ever achieved that on a trip before. There are no pictures to back this up (it seemed a bit creepy to take photos of license plates), so you will just have to trust us.
Sara said she liked to imagine that our MN plates down south were helping other people with their own license plate games. :)

I didn't get as far on the Road trip socks as I had hoped. I am justifying it with the fact that I used US 0s instead of 1s, and I am doing both at the same time - which always feels like slower progress. They are both in the heel at this point.
Road Trip socks

My new photo studio
I used my new Light box I made from the Strobist tutorial to take that photo of my Road Trip socks (yes, that is an old library card catalog - what can I say, I'm a library geek). The box works better for larger items. My Stretch Markers for my shop are so small, I feel like I still can't get enough light, but I do like how it makes the light very even with no shadows.
Stretch Marker

Grandma and Grandpa were in San Francisco while I was on my road trip. The Bud was pretty excited about wearing his souvenir.
New Shirt Smile

I did experiment with dyeing one skein of yarn this week. I recently learned you could dye yarn with coffee, so I used that for the base color and added flecks of purple and orange to fit with the Aug/Sept Project Spectrum triad. I am very curious to see how it will knit up. Brown, purple and orange are some of my favorite colors.
PS Inspired Yarn

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

Your dyed yarn is most pretty! I can't wait to see how it knits up too...

The old Iibrary card catalogs really were great... while I'm more efficient with the computers it's just not the same as the cards.

August 12, 2007 11:08 AM  
Blogger SwissKnits! said...

Thanks so much for the Strobist tutorial. I'm going to make one for my KIP pictures, Ravelry and all.

Love the library card catalog drawer. I loved going thru the cards looking for more books to read. I was the kid riding home from the library on my bike with my basket overflowing! And I read them all! I had constant fears that one day there wouldn't be any more books for me to read... ahhhhh those were the days...

August 13, 2007 7:33 AM  
Blogger nuttnbunny said...

Loving that dye job. Let's talk about the gathering. nuttnhubby gave the OK. Even said he'll saet up a tent for us! :-)

August 14, 2007 8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home