Monday, October 08, 2007

Big Leaves and Brown Socks

Big Leaf:
Big Leaf

Brown Sock:

Bark Cable
I bought this yarn with Project Spectrum in mind, but I didn't get around to it in time. Instead I was inspired by the SKA (Sock Knitters Anonymous) Knit-A-Long for October. Anything with cables fits, so I cast on for Spring Cable by Elinor Gray.
I made a few modifications to the pattern. The seed stitches are 5 wide (instead of 3) with 6 stitch wide cable - I wanted to have the cable come down as an extension of the 2x2 ribbing. Since I made the cable wider, I am crossing the cable every 8th round instead of 7th.
I love the simplicity of this pattern, and I also love the Cherry Tree Hill yarn - it is so soft and squishy.
For some reason the brown color with cables screams fall to me.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

Those are gonna be some mighty nice socks!!

October 09, 2007 5:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home