Saturday, September 01, 2007

The Great MN Get Together

Yesterday we spent the day at the Fair.
Welcome to the MN State Fair
Here is our State Fair Top 10:

10. Machinery Hill - which was an evening make-out spot back in the day... perhaps it still is.
Machinery Hill

9. Visiting the animals in the animal barns - The Bud is a city kid and doesn't often get to see horses, cows, llamas, and goats... or MN's largest boar!
MN Largest Boar
"I Visited the Oink Booth"

8. The Old Mill Ride - it's the ultimate creepy, strange ride. You ride on a boat through a pitch black tunnel, and every so often there is a lit window with a diorama set up of a classic story like the 3 little pigs. The Bud describes it as "Boat, dark"
Ye Old Mill

7. Being in the free drawing for the benches at the Union Workers booth - 30+ years and no win yet, but I will keep trying!
Union Workers Booth

6. Turkey to go - Davin's favorite fair food. It's a super yummy pulled turkey sandwich sold at a booth right outside the door of the poultry building! :)
Turkey to Go

5. The 5s on the fairgrounds!
I didn't know the main gate was gate #5
Main Gate - 5

4. Honey Sunflower Seed Ice Cream -
My favorite fair food. The stand is at the Agriculture building. Beware... the only size the cones come in is "Fair Size".
The best ice cream at the fair
Honey Sunflower Seed Ice Cream

3. 4-H and Creative Activities Buildings -
I found my friend K's Quilt. I wasn't sure what to look for (names are never attached to projects), but this was the only one that looked like African women around huts, so I think it was it.
K's Quilt

2. Bumping into friends - it truly is the great MN get together. I always bump into someone I know. This year it was my good bud R. She was the one who informed me that K's quilt was in the Creative Activities building!
R and I

1. Leaving the crowds of people at the end
People, People and more People


It was a great (but tiring) day.
A Tuckered Bud


*********

On a non-fair note, this made me smile today:
After mowing the lawn and working on the new deck all day, Davin came in and put together a moisturizing hand scrub of brown sugar and Blood Orange Olive Oil.
He made me feel his hands before and after.
Then I used it. Very nice!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

That honey sunflower seed ice cream sounds soooooo good!!

Looks like y'all had a great time. :)

September 01, 2007 8:24 PM  
Blogger nuttnbunny said...

Ahhh...

I went on Fri and we're taking Z today.

Total heaven.

Will definitely try the ice cream!!! Have you had an apple cider pop from the Hort. Bldg?

September 02, 2007 6:57 AM  
Blogger magnusmog said...

Machinery Hill looks like the ultimate small boy heaven :)

September 05, 2007 5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home