Sunday, September 16, 2007

Marigolds (and More)

Marigold Socks
I finished my Marigold socks during nap time today.
This was such a fun pattern to knit, and it was easy enough to be my first attempt at something lacy.
It went by quickly too on size 2 needles.

My road trip socks have been stalled for a bit now. I started avoiding them on purpose when I realized I would run out of yarn. I have not decided whether I am going to frog and start something new, or use some leftover koigu in a different color for the toes.

It's been a big weekend for our family. Davin found out that he will officially be making the job change he has been hoping for. It will mean some challenges for us, but it will pay off by next February. Basically he will be living in Chicago for 3 months. I think that the anticipation of this may be harder on me than the actual day to day of living it. I'm still in denial at this point though.

Saturday we went out to Franconia Sculpture Park to meet the lovely Nuttnbunny and her family.
I was so disappointed that I forgot my camera. I did take a few pictures with my phone, put they are pretty grainy.
Franconia
The Bud loved the sculpture in the background of this photo. It has a maze like feel with "bud-sized" doorways in the center.

While we were there Nuttnbunny gave me my first introduction to spinning and generously sent me home with a drop spindle and some fabulous hand painted wool!
Gift from a Friend
So far it has been making me truly appreciate yarn spun by others. I think it's going to take me a bit (perhaps a lot) of practice before I really have the hang of it.
I'm looking forward to another opportunity for some fiber fun with her (and perhaps a spinning refresher course) ;)

On the way home from Franconia we stopped at Sven's Scandinavian Shoes. I shopped the clearance basement and left with these.
New Shoes
Yes, that is a 41 on the side - as my father would say, I have a very large understanding.

To top off the weekend, I let myself take one of the open spots in the Yarn Pirate's Booty Club.
I can't wait to try her yarn, and test drive the hot pink "pirate" needles!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger nuttnbunny said...

Here's to a glorious future of fiber, sculpture, children, clogs (I've got my own 41s ya know!) and friends!!

Those marigolds are tremendous!!!

September 17, 2007 6:07 AM  
Blogger Shelly Kang said...

Nice sox! Hey, you're forgetting that you live across the street from someone with a huge stash of little chunks of koigu in all different colors. Get yourself over here and pick out something to finish those road trip socks. I'm just sayin'.

September 17, 2007 7:02 AM  
Blogger Shelly Kang said...

Nice sox! Hey, you're forgetting that you live across the street from someone with a huge stash of little chunks of koigu in all different colors. Get yourself over here and pick out something to finish those road trip socks. I'm just sayin'.

September 17, 2007 7:03 AM  
Blogger SwissKnits! said...

Check out my blog, I will be posting my Regia Jubilee socks with blue toes...


:)

September 17, 2007 3:09 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Your Marigolds are great!! I finally cast on for mine :)

and YEAH! on the spinning. You'll get it and be hooked... :)

September 17, 2007 4:34 PM  
Blogger magnusmog said...

Hurray! Another spinner begins :)

September 19, 2007 11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home