Sunday, October 07, 2007

A chance to check in...

I finally have a chance to check in.
It's nap time... so I am going to try and be quick while I have a chance and do a speedy update.

For those of you who know Davin, he has started a blog for his time in the windy city: Going Places, Seeing Stuff
We've been attempting to use Skype and such to keep in touch, but nothing is like having him here.

Last Saturday's craft fair with Shelly was a lot of fun. Not as much selling as we would have liked, but then the crowd really was not there for a craft fair and spending money. They were there for a college homecoming and football game. So if you keep that in mind, I think we did pretty well.

Movie Night that same Saturday was great. The rain cleared up, and it got a bit warmer.
The Goonies brought tears to my eyes I was laughing so hard - especially the first 20 minutes. Ya gotta love the 80s and PG movies before the PG13 rating.

I am taking a graduate level class with a number of other educators which meets once a month. It started this week, and I had to smile when the instructors explained that we had to keep a blog as part of the course. Many of the other participants were a little shaken at this announcement. I think I may be able to pull it off. :)

As for knitting... I finally have a photo (albeit one with poor color quality) of the latest Sweet Baby Cap by Gro.
Sweet Baby Cap #3
I am not such a fan of the pooling mid way up, but that's math for you - even the koigu I used (which I think of as pretty pool-resistant) pooled a bit on the two other hats.

I have been a little quieter than usual in the blog-o-sphere with so much going on, I am hoping things will slow down a bit now and feel closer to normal. We will have to see.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger magnusmog said...

I used to sell at Craft fairs and I never made much money. In the UK carft fairs and car boot sales are considered the same so people expect cheap goods and don't appreciate the time spent making things. They were great fun though :)

October 08, 2007 10:22 AM  
Blogger nuttnbunny said...

A local craft fair?!?! What did I miss?

Let's get you all up here soon...

October 08, 2007 11:55 AM  
Blogger Debra said...

Koigu's a pooler. Most people knitting with 60-68 sts won't encounter it, but I usually use 72 to 80 for socks on 2.25-- and I've seen pooling more than once!

Do you think your purple car socks pool?

October 09, 2007 7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home