Monday, June 09, 2008

No more pencils, no more books....

...no more of my dirty looks?!?

The Bud and Co
(completely random and gratuitous Bud pic)

It's the first real day of summer for me. I can't believe it is here already.
I looove my job, and one of the things I really love about it is the fact that I have summers off!
Although I do think that all the things I have planned to fill the days ahead will fill up at least 2 summers... hmmm.


My FO teaser from my last post, still isn't quite a true finished object. I still need to put on the buttons.
February #2 - Almost a FO
Pattern: February Baby Jacket by Elizabeth Zimmerman
Yarn: Dream in Color Classy "Cloud Jungle
Needles: US 8
[Ravelry]

I loved making this pattern the first time with the lace, and I loved making it this time without too. I thought I would need more than one skein to make this sweater, so I bought two. I finished using less than one, so I have a full skein of this wonderful enigmatic color left for something else.

February - Buttons

The last row of garter stitch on the yoke is an increase row. Without the lace, it really shows in that transition to plain stockinette. I may try to add one more row of garter stitch for a cleaner look if I make another one without lace.


In honor of my long summer days ahead I cast on for a couple of new projects - I have a feeling there are more to come.

The first I have been planning for awhile. I was inspired by Claudine's Little Cables Hat to write a pattern for socks. I worked out the math way back in January - luckily I wrote it down - and cast on last Friday to be a part of the Sock Knitter's Anonymous "Design Your Own" month.
Farfalle Socks
Pattern: My own "Farfalle Socks"
Yarn: Dream in Color Smooshy "Happy Forest"
Needles: 2.25mm
[Ravelry]

I loved this color so much I decided to get a sweater's worth in the worsted weight - that may be a new work in progress soon.


I am so late to the party with my other WIP - there are of it in Ravelry.
Can over 6000 knitters really be wrong?
I'm so late to the party
Pattern:
Clapotis
Yarn: Blue Sky 100% Alpaca
Needles: US 5
[Ravelry]

This yarn was some of my bargain trailer purchase from the Shepherd's Choice festival.

100 Percent Alpaca

I'm not really a fan of scarf knitting - I'm not sure I have the endurance to repeat, repeat, repeat without the milestones of heels and sleeves to keep me going. We will have to see.
I wanted to be sure I had enough yarn for a good length, so I cut out one increase repeat at the start.


There are not only knitting projects in the works this summer...
we finally got a start on recovering our sad looking dining room chairs.


Before

We acquired some free sample fabric from a store that shall not be named (ahem). Since they are samples, we had to choose 4 different fabrics - there isn't enough of any one.

After - #1

We started with my favorite.
One down, three to go.


Lastly... we have a new addition at our house, and not a moment too soon with the projections for gas prices this summer.

Scoot Scoot

Scoot, scoot.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

I love Smooshy! I haven't tried Classy yet but think I'd love that too...

Your projects are very nice :)

As for the clapotis, it's not entirely mindless knitting like a garter stitch scarf so it's much easier to deal with (for me at least). Plus it's kinda fun dropping those stitches!

June 10, 2008 5:00 AM  
Blogger Michelle O said...

I'm so jealous of the scooter! It's something on my "to buy" list. Unfortunately, there's lots of yarn ahead of it in line...

June 10, 2008 7:32 AM  
Blogger Beatriz said...

I have Dream in Color Smooshy...still can't decide what to make with it. It feels so nice just to touch it every so often. The February Sweater is quite a popular EZ pattern. It's so classic looking. I agree with you on the Clapotis...it's getting to be boring, but I must keep going. It's a good thing I have some nice yarn to keep my attention! Thanks for stopping by.

June 11, 2008 8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home