Tuesday, May 06, 2008

My first sweater!

Finally a finished project to blog about.

February Baby Jacket 2
Pattern: Baby Sweater on Two Needles (February) by Elizabeth Zimmermann
Yarn: Rowan RYC Cashsoft DK (less than 2 skeins)
Needles:US 5 circ
[Ravelry]

I became enchanted with this pattern when I saw this,
and again when I saw this.

This was wonderfully fun to knit - Elizabeth Zimmerman was is a genius. I have plans to use a few more of her patterns in the future.

February Baby Jacket 1

Last weekend I soaked and blocked, and yesterday I picked up some buttons. Nothing fancy, but I like the look.

The Rowan Cashsoft is wonderfully soft for a baby sweater. I hope it maintains its crisp look with use. It was a little slippery feeling to work with - I think I would prefer using bamboo needles with it in the future.

Instead of following EZ's instructions of finishing the sleeves flat first and then completing the body, I finished the body first and magic looped the sleeves to eliminate any seaming. I also decided not to decrease by 10% at the base of the body.

February Baby Jacket 3

Now that I have finished my first sweater... I am thinking of more.
I have plans to make another without the lace pattern, and I love the idea of making an adult version like this!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger a friend to knit with said...

so so cute!
and in this color. it is perfect.

May 09, 2008 4:45 AM  
Blogger nuttnbunny said...

Fantastic!!

May 09, 2008 8:08 PM  
Blogger magnusmog said...

It's beautiful :)

May 12, 2008 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home