Sunday, January 20, 2008

Hangin' In There

Hang On
We're hangin' in there - we've made it to the final stretch of Davin being away.
It's hard to believe it has been almost 4 months, and at the same time it seems like forever since he has actually lived at home.

The Bud enjoys wearing his dragon Halloween costume around lately - it worked great as an extra layer against the cold this weekend.
Great-Gramma and her friends "got a kick" out of the visiting dragon.
Visiting Gramma Alphie
I find it so interesting that many strangers assume that the Bud is a girl - especially since I looked very similar as a child and many strangers thought I was a boy. Hmmm.

I finally finished Davin's Charade Socks.
I felt like they were taking me forever. They are a bit big for the blockers - size 13 mens!
Killer Bees Charade
Pattern: Charade
Needles: US 1
Yarn: Yarn Pirate "Killer Bees" October 2007 Booty Club
I meant to finish these by the end of December to be part of the Sock Knitters' Anonymous Knit-Along, but I just couldn't make it happen.

I must be in a dreamsicle mood...
because along with my Monkeys I cast on for a Drop Stitch Scarf with the same sort of colors.
Drop Stitch Scarf 2
I found this yarn in a bargain bin for next to nothing and really liked the idea of knitting the two colors together.
I love the look of this scarf, but I find that I get bored quickly with working on it - and I'm not even that far yet. I just don't think I am a scarf knitter at heart. I like the result, but I think it will be a back burner project that I will work on a little here and a little there in between other things. It will be good for that since it is a really easy pattern to start and stop at any point.
Drop Stitch Scarf
I'm not sure how it will block, since the yarn is mostly rayon, but I think I will enjoy it regardless.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

both your socks and your scarf are very pretty!!

January 20, 2008 11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home