Monday, May 14, 2007

It was a difficult end to last week. My grandmother died late last Thursday night. She was my last remaining grandparent. It would have been her 84th birthday on Sunday (Mother's Day).
She was a incredible speller (I did not inherit this trait) and made amazing pancakes as thin as crepes. I have tried for years to make them like her, but they just are not the same.
When I was young I would spend a week with my grandparents during the summer. I have many memories of summer mornings at the kitchen table (not the dining room table) eating pancakes off of grandma's pastel Melmac plates. It was one of the rare times that it was just the three of us together. Most other times there were always cousins, aunts and uncles. But those mornings were just for us.

This week I will be spending time with family and saying goodbye.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger magnusmog said...

So sorry to hear about your grandmother. Much love sent from the other side of the sea :)

May 15, 2007 3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home