Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Spring Break

It's Spring Break, so I have been posting a bit more than usual. Tuesday I enjoyed "using" two birthday gifts. First I spent the morning getting a pedicure (only my 4th ever) which was my gift from Davin and Radley. If I had to pick one and only one spa treatment, that would be it - love it!

My second gift was a gift certificate to a local yarn shop (Thanks, Kathleen!) - one not far away that I had not been to before. I went with some Lorna's Laces in a green called "Envy" - thinking about next month's Project Spectrum colors.
Lorna's Laces - Envy
The other yarn shop I have been to doesn't let you wind the yarn you buy using the in store swift and ball winder - an employee must do it for you. But at this store, I got to do it myself for the first time. Very exciting.
I know Davin would say I have officially crossed over - I had a camera with me at the yarn shop and took photos - I don't think anyone saw me though. I am sad I didn't think to take a photo pre-winding to do the colors more justice.

Lorna's Laces - Envy (on Swift)


Lorna's Laces - Envy (Ball Winder)

Today's Spring Break fun involved meeting with a plumber about our water heater situation. We are going with a tankless, gas model and venting out the side, in case you are interested. Also, we are not using any ugly pennies to pay for it either, it costs a pretty one. Sigh.

After that we took the car to the dealership to have them fix the AUX line into the radio - so that Davin can use his fancy-schmancy iPod in the car. It was a quick fix, and we got a free car wash. I actually pumped my fist in the air when the guy gave us the car wash token - I love car washes (especially free ones) - it's like a spa treatment for your car.

Today's birthday gift I used was a gift card to Barnes and Noble (Thanks to Alphie!). I couldn't resist getting Wonderfalls on DVD.

We finished the night with Taco Pie (Davin's birthday choice) for "Wednesday Night Dinner" at Teen and Papa John's.
I'm stuffed and tired.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home