Saturday, January 27, 2007

Frou-Frou Frustration

I failed to mention earlier that the pattern I was working on in gray for Project Spectrum is the Frou-Frou sweater from the Happy Hooker. I ripped out a good start the other day because I found out about the transposed numbers in the pattern. Now I feel like the gauge isn't right, so I may be ripping it out again - I am farther along this time, so it hurts a bit more.
I might need to take another "thinking" break on something else before I can actually frog and restart.

I love the crochet hook I am using for this project - it's just an average Boye hook, but it's glide on the yarn is the nicest I have. Some hooks have a finish that seems to stick more - maybe I am just picky. I also really like the pewter color - it reminds me of the bad guy in the Terminator 2 - just the color, not the super creepy walk.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

Hey, Laura, thanks for visiting Fiber Femmes.

I did have a little trouble with the gauge; it worked out OK across but I couldn't make it work up and down. So I added ten rows to the body of the sweater and I think ten rows to the sleeves. If that's not your problem let me know and maybe I can help!

January 27, 2007 3:43 PM  
Blogger FRM115 said...

i finished FrouFrou and had to frog the whole thing. the gauge is a nightmare and it doesn't match the dimensions of the schematic at all. at least not in the smallest size. i hope you had better luck!

February 17, 2007 6:51 PM  
Blogger Eugenia Fernandez said...

hmmm... I'm in the middle of this project and can't figure out the instructions for the front. First row says to end up with 35 ch-1 spaces - no problem, then next row says ch-2 counts as 1 dc to end with 34 ch-1 spaces. But next row after that has you do a sc2tog to end with 35 stitches!!

Then I can't figure out how often to decrease at neck edge. I was doing 1 every time I ended at neck edge until I hit the 24 ch-1 spaces remaning, then decrease at every other end at neck edge, but front is too long when I get to 1 stitch left.

Any ideas???

EF

January 26, 2009 12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home