Monday, March 30, 2009

A Little Minnesota Trivia

Did you know that hosting an online raffle in Minnesota is illegal?
Yeah... Well... Obviously I did not.
While I think it would be highly unlikely that the state of MN would take
notice of my little raffle, I would not want to do anything to jeopardize
the tax-exempt status of of the Roseville String Ensemble.

I light of this, I am making a few adjustments so that my fundraising cannot
be classified as gambling.

Here's the plan:

I am now hosting a free to enter drawing with the same fabulous prizes from the previous post to bring awareness to the financial need of the Roseville String Ensemble. A
donation is not required to be a part of the drawing (just comment or send
me an email), however it is highly encouraged in any amount - since my whole
goal with giving stuff away is to raise money for the group. (ahem - did I mention a donation in any amount is highly encouraged?) Ok then.

If you post about my drawing on your own blog, send me a link and I will
enter your name in the drawing twice.

All donations via the PayPal link to the Roseville String Ensemble will now
be tax-deductible (raffle ticket purchases are not). You will receive an
official donation receipt for tax purposes via email.

This has me a little deflated, since there was an exciting response from you
all in the first 24 hours, however I know the online knitting community is
extremely giving, a I am very confident that my drawing will still
bring in donations for this very worthy cause.

ETA: Please excuse the funky formatting on this post. I can't seem to figure it out

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle O said...

Well, boo! I updated my blog post to reflect that this is a drawing, not a raffle. I'm glad to hear you have had a good response!

March 31, 2009 11:22 AM  
Blogger earthchick said...

Hey! Just wanted you to know that I finally got a blog post up that links to here. I hope the fundraising goes well!!

http://earthchicknits.wordpress.com/2009/04/03/spring-cleaning-a-giveaway/

April 03, 2009 11:29 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

What a fantastic cause! I came here via earthchick's blog, and I'd love to be entered into the contest. I'm off to make my completely unrelated donation to your worthy cause now. good luck!

April 03, 2009 12:17 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Hi, I'm back! I just added a note about your contest to my blog:

http://www.carrieoke.net/2009/04/april_really.html

April 03, 2009 12:27 PM  
Blogger Charity said...

I'm here via earthchick, too, and will head over to give a totally voluntary donation shortly! :o)

April 03, 2009 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home