Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I Heart Spring Break!

I never seem to go out of town for Spring Break... but that doesn't mean that I love it any less.

Today the Bud and I took off for the local "free" zoo.
If you live around here, you know that there is the free zoo and the spendy zoo, and the free zoo fit our needs for the day perfectly.

Technically it's still winter season for the zoo, so some of the animals were gone, and most of the animals were in their indoor habitats - but that just meant that we were not fighting the crowds.

Tiger at the zoo

If you ask him, the Bud says his favorite animals were the snakes, but we spent the most time by far looking at the fish.

Big fish

The Bud also had a fascination with the benches around the Zoo. We needed to test out as many as possible.

On a Bench

Another bench

It was a great way to spend the morning.

The bud and I


I know it's been weeks since my last post... I haven't been feeling the blog love as much lately. Only for my own blog - I have really been enjoying posts by all of you.
Thank you for sharing what you do!

Here's a quick catch up on on the last month or so.

I decided to buy myself a new toy.

My new toy

It arrived unfinished and Mr.5 did a fabulous job of finishing it for me. He even recommended the paint color for the wheel - "kimono violet".
I will take some pictures of my latest spinning soon.

I was inspired by ADD Knitter's Ishbel, so I started one of my own with this wonderful stuff.

Be Mine

Yet another thing that needs some photos.

Lately though I have been working on this old project. It's funny how some WIPs just rise to the surface unexpectedly.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back...missed you! When u r gone it gives blog luckers like me nothing to do - and that is just a boring place to be :-(
Was the zoo Como Park zoo?

March 18, 2009 7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoops, I MEANt to say "blog LURKERS" not LUCKERS (I don't know what a lucker is, but it sounds sick!)

March 18, 2009 7:25 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

I love the zoo!! I'm glad y'all had fun

and oooooOOOOooOooo *love* the spinning wheel! welcome to the dark side bwahahahahaaaaaa....

you'll totally love it. How much roving have you acquired??

March 18, 2009 8:43 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Oh great call on the Ishbel yarn!! I also have an almost-finished Anniversary cowl that is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!

March 21, 2009 4:06 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Happy Break (in more ways than one)
Is spinning really the dark side? I have no clue how it's done but good for you and have fun with your new wheel.

March 28, 2009 8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home