Thursday, July 31, 2008

Finally Farfalle

Farfalle socks 3

Why they took so long, I don't know.
Somehow I just kept getting distracted by other things (like this, this, this, this, this, this and this).

But now the Farfalle socks are officially done.

My inspiration came from Claudine's Little Cables Hat.
I loved the idea of cables not set off by purls.
The little staggered cables made me think of Farfalle pasta - even the color is is dead on Creamette.

Farfalle socks 5

The design is fairly simple. The hardest part was a little shifting to get the top of the foot centered and in line with the design on the leg. No real biggie.

Farfalle socks 4

Busy Bea was sharing her love of heels with a garter stitch border at just the right time in my progress, so a stockinette heel with a little garter stitch border it was.
I do love the way it hides any holes when you pick up stitches for the gusset.

Farfalle socks 2
(Ooops - I guess this is my best heel shot. You can just see the garter stitch peeking out.)

It was a new toe for me as well - a round toe (from Knitting Vintage Socks and many other places as well). It fits my foot so nicely and is so mathematically pleasing, I will certainly use it again.

Farfalle Toe

My only problem with them... it's way to hot for wool right now!

Farfalle Socks 1

My notes are almost written into a pattern.
I will post them someplace shortly.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

they're so cute!! And I really like that yarn color too!

July 31, 2008 7:06 PM  
Blogger Beatriz said...

Great job and excellent pics! I love the red shoes too.

August 01, 2008 11:32 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Awesome socks and i LOVE the shoes:) Where'd you get them?

August 05, 2008 8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home