Monday, July 21, 2008

Crochet Saves the Day

We've got a little activity binder we use for amusement while traveling: colored pencils (they don't melt), coloring book, stickers, books, and a plain spiral notebook.
Oh so much fun can be had with a plain notebook.

I was making sure it was fully stocked for some upcoming time away, and thought about what has annoyed me about the spiral notebook. It is difficult to open it and use it unless you open the three rings and take it out.

I had a small brainstorm...

Simple Solution -1

Simple Solution -2

...and did a line of single crochet along the spirals to use on the binder rings instead of the three holes.

Simple Solution -3

I haven't felt this cool since I thought of using ice cube trays for a fun way to eat snacks.

Ice Cube Trays

I don't need to do a google search to know that I am probably far from the first person to think of this, but I am pretty excited to have a simple solution to my problem.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Pork with Bones said...

Wow, what a great brainstorm! If someone else has come up with that before, I've never heard about it.

July 21, 2008 3:27 PM  
Blogger magnusmog said...

I love the ice cube tray idea!

July 23, 2008 12:41 PM  
Blogger Beatriz said...

Very cool idea. Ice cube tray snacks...that's fun and perfect size for the small hands. I like making cubes out of fruit juice, blended fruit, yogurt and fruit, and ice-cream and fruit.

July 23, 2008 1:31 PM  
Anonymous Plymouth Caulking said...

Nice bloog thanks for posting

November 30, 2022 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home