Monday, May 25, 2009

It's a.... Cupcake!

Recently we had the big ultrasound and found out that the little one on the way is a girl. I'm "old" this time around and had the super-duper ultrasound, so they were very sure (they were not just looking for the absence of boy parts, but clearly saw the presence of girl ones).

When we told the Bud, he was convinced that we had ignored his request for a baby brother - until he talked to his good friend A. who has a 6 month old baby sister. Her excitement for him turned him around (Thank you, A!). She also had a ton of advice for him - including that he needed to come up with a nickname for the baby before she is born. He thought for a bit and came up with cupcake.
So, Cupcake it is.

Water Wand
Ravelry Link

I finally finished the "Jim Shirt" (aka vest) I was working on for the Bud this weekend. I only knit on it about 5 different days, but it took about a month to squeeze those 5 days in.

The fit is good except for the length. I followed the length guidelines for his size in the pattern, but I think I may rip out the cast on edge and make it longer at some point.

Mom told me to look like I'm watering

The Bud is a big fan though, and that's what counts.

Grandma and Grandpa came over for Memorial Day today. We planted tomatoes, and had a fabulous lunch on the deck.

The Bud got to plant his very own garden of marigolds with Grandma, who also brought him a special bud-sized watering can. He has been watering everything possible all day.

Goofy Face


I have been working a little on the lace part of my Ishbel Shawl (Ravelry Link), but I must be too tired for lace - I've messed up somehow three different times, and I just need to let it rest for a bit before I do something rash. Perhaps once school is out, my head will be clearer.

Instead I cast on a little something for Cupcake with lots of soothing garter stitch.

Girly BSJ
Ravelry Link

It's my first Baby Surprise Jacket, and like so many knitters before me, I am wowed by the genius of Elizabeth Zimmerman. Since I am using fingering weight yarn, this will be "first week of life" size. I wouldn't make this size for a gift, but I know that I want to have a little sweater to wear coming home, and this will be perfect.

Yellow Iris
Here's to great spring weather and days off with family.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Kristena said...

Congrats on the cupcake - you will be a different kind of tired with a girl. Aubrey tires me out emotionally and Hunter tires me out physically...but I would never trade them for the world and they love each other so much - I LOVE witnessing brother/sister dynamics cause I never had that.

May 28, 2009 5:06 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Aww!! congrats on the Cupcake! :) Lots and lots of really cute baby girl knits!

Bud's vest looks great on him!

May 31, 2009 4:30 PM  
Anonymous Kristena said...

Laura, I follow another blog called The Pioneer Woman...which led me to this site: www.kee-ka.com

Check it out - specifically the Cupcake one...you'll see when you get there!

June 06, 2009 9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home