Sunday, December 17, 2006

"Lockdowns" at School

Earlier this evening I read the news about the suicide at a high school in PA. It makes my heart ache every time I hear about yet another student bringing a gun to school with deadly results. We just practiced a lockdown at my school this past week. I hate that this has had to become a drill that we are required to practice many times throughout the year.
It's one of those things that you think to yourself "it wouldn't happen at my school", but it happened at Joyce Valenza's - someone I have met, someone I highly respect. Reading this today felt like a tragedy close to home.

There is so much to say about students today thinking that guns and violence in school will solve problems, but I am only going to say that my heart aches for the students and staff of Joyce Valenza's school, and the family of Shane Halligan.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home