It boggles the mind...
I have not posted a video for a long time... here is the Bud last night dancing to the "S and T song".
He has been coughing and had some green snot - but no fever, no loss of appetite, and no loss of energy (in fact he was running laps after this video footage).
Really it was the green snot that clued us in (clear, "you're clear", but green is mean). This morning we got in to see the Dr - at our new clinic that we absolutely LOVE. We admitted up front that we feel crazy and tried to justify why we were there.
The Dr. took a look in the Bud's ears and diagnosed a double ear infection! He even said that on a scale of 1-4, that one ear was a 4 with a blister on his ear drum!
It boggles my mind that an infection like that would not keep him from dancing or running laps.
In other news...
My good friend R and I went to hear the Yarn Harlot speak when she was in town about a week ago. I realized the night before that I had nothing "mindless" on the needles, so I quickly cast on for some plain socks I could work on at the event.
I am farther now - ready to start the heel on both socks.
Yarn:Lana Grossa Meilenweit 100 Cotton Stretch
Needles: US 1
Pattern: improvised toe-up
I love the colors and striping of this yarn - I'm going to try a short row heel on these, so that I won't disrupt the striping through the gusset area. I am excited that they seem to be working out to match, despite the fact that I have had two knot-splices in one sock so far.
I have also recently started a sock for April's Sockdown challenge for Sock Knitter's Anonymous on Ravelry.
Yarn:Shi-Bui Sock - "Honey"
Needles: US 1
Pattern: Cascading Leaves
by Jeanie Townsend
I read from a few knitters that this pattern tended to be smaller than expected - so I started by trying US 1.5 needles. Luckily that was too large, because the yarn was pooling in a not so nice way. I started again on US 1s, and it is striping, but I think it works well with the pattern so far.
I shifted the start of my round back one stitch just before starting the lace pattern to create more of a flow from the ribbing into the pattern. I'm also adding 2 repeats on the leg - 5 just seems to short, even though it is such a great number.
I have been struggling with the fact that Addi Turbo does not make a true US 1 sized needle. Their US 1 is really 2.5mm instead of 2.25.
The difference between my 0s (2mm) and Addi 1s (2.5mm) is too great to get the right gauge on some patterns. So I went with a tip I found on Ravelry and ordered some Knit Picks circs (metal and Harmony) and I am really impressed. I like the metal a bit better, but I will still use the Harmony as well. The plastic cording is very flexible and does not have "memory" that makes it try to annoyingly coil after taking it out of the package. The join is very nice on the metal - the Harmony needles seem to catch just a bit as I slide stitches over. Also the metal tips have a point about as blunt as my regular Addis (not lace point) - which I like - the Harmony points seem a bit sharper. I don't like to feel like I am constantly impaling my finger.
The best part... they are about 1/3 the cost. Woo-Hoo!